Injection is a cosmetic procedure that reduces the look of lines and wrinkles of the face and neck. There are no addictive properties to the ingredient in a Botox injection. People become dependent on the cosmetic results of a Botox injection to keep them looking younger.
Who Is NOT a Good Candidate for Botox?
You may not be a good candidate if:
- You are allergic to any ingredients in Botox.
- You are allergic to another botulinum toxin brand or had any side effect from these products in the past.
- You have ALS, myasthenia gravis or another disease that affects your muscles or nerves.
- You have a plan to undergo surgery.
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Is it safe to get Botox treatments during pregnancy?
It’s probably safe, but we don’t know for sure. There have been no well-controlled studies of Botox use in pregnant women. Animal studies have shown problems, such as miscarriage, birth defects, and low birth weight, but only when the pregnant animals were given high dosages of Botox.
Studies have shown that when Botox is injected into facial muscles (as it is for cosmetic purposes), the small amount used doesn’t circulate throughout your body, so it shouldn’t reach your baby. If you’re deciding whether or not to get Botox while you’re pregnant, I’d suggest taking the cautious route and waiting.
WHAT IS THE BEST AGE TO GET BOTOX?
Lifestyle plays a huge part in how youthful someone looks – if a woman is in her late-twenties and has enjoyed a decade of smoking, drinking and sunbathing, then her skin is going to be very different to a woman in her late-thirties who has consistently looked after her skin. This is why every patient should be treated as an individual and have a treatment plan created that is exactly suited to their particular lifestyle and skin type. BOTOX Cosmetic is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for people aged 18 to 65.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR BOTOX RESULTS LAST LONGER?
- Choose the right doctor.
- Avoid applying any kind of masks, scrubs, toners, and abrasive cleansers for at least a week after receiving Botox injections.
- Get Botox treatments regularly.
- That being said, you don’t want to have Botox treatments too frequently.
- Avoid the sun.
CAN BOTOX WORK ON EVERYONE?
Botox has been proven safe for most people, especially those who wish to eliminate dynamic wrinkles. Botox works best on younger patients, and is recommended for people between the ages of 18 and 65. Older folks should consult with a plastic surgeon or dermatologist to ensure that their skin tone is elastic enough to respond to treatment. Of course, Botox can’t work wonders on everyone.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Botox?
- You have moderate to severe facial wrinkles.
- The wrinkles are located in areas that Botox can treat, such as around or between the eyes, on the forehead, or around the neck.
- Your general health is good.
- You have realistic expectations for improvement.